Want to join us ‘over the rainbow’? Creative Team Applications Open!
WLOS are more than excited to be returning to the epic New Wimbledon Theatre in October 2019 with the truly timeless ‘Wizard of Oz’. Applications are now open for a top notch creative team to help us on our journey down the yellow brick road. Do you fancy yourself directing Dorothy? Teaching music to the Munchkins? Or choreographing the Cowardly Lion? If so, we want to hear from you!
At this stage, we are looking to appoint a Director, Musical Director, Choreographer and Stage Manager.
How to Apply
If you’d like to be considered for any of these roles, please fill out the relevant application form and email it along with your show CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 30th September 2018. All applicants will be contacted and, if shortlisted, you will be required to attend an interview with members of the committee to further understand your profile and vision for the show.
Other Production Team Roles
In due course, we will also be searching for a Second Choreographer to work directly with two sets of children, along with all the standard production roles such as Lighting/Sound/Chaperones etc.
If this is something you’re interested in, we’ve outlined some important things for you to consider:
- We have licenced the classic version of ‘The Wizard of Oz’, performed at the Royal Shakespeare Company in 1989 and featuring all the classic songs from the 1939 film starring Judy Garland.
- Show week is the week commencing 20th October 2019, and we will most likely have 6 performances including two matinee shows (Thurs/Sat)
- You must be able to demonstrate proven experience of working on a full scale production in the role in which you are applying for (this can be in either a professional or amateur setting).
- We will require an application form from each individual applicant for each role. We will assess all candidates on an individual basis but with due consideration for any team requests or preferences.
- You will need to be available for all auditions, rehearsals and the entirety of show week (unless previously agreed at interview stage).
- Auditions will take place in June 2019 and rehearsals will run through until October 2019, on Tuesdays and Thursdays in Wimbledon. Sunday evening rehearsals will be introduced six weeks before the show, and additional rehearsals will be scheduled for the children. There will also be some production and publicity commitments required prior to the rehearsal period commencing.
- You will need to possess a current and up to date DBS, or be willing to undergo a screening (funding available upon request).
- You will need to provide two references from productions you have worked on previously. This can be either professional of amateur work.
- Knowledge of WLOS and our membership base is desirable.
We can’t wait to hear from you. Please email us at email@example.com in case you have any questions.